Hi my sweet friends
We know just how busy and overwhelming your life can get, and it's one of the reasons we need our home to bring us some sort of balance... we need the atmosphere to help reduce our stress, settle our worries, and bring us comfort and calmness
The way that you hang art in your home can influence the kind of atmosphere you create; if you're purposeful about this, you can create a calming and visually appealing space that reflects your personal style and inspires relaxation. Let's explore some tips for displaying art in your home!
- Consider the framing: The frame you choose for your art can make a big difference in how it's seen. A simple, neutral frame can give a piece a modern and minimalist look, while a frame with carving and detail can give it a traditional and formal feel. The good news is that there are so many options available, so you can make sure to choose a frame that complements the art and the overall style of your home
- Grouping art: Instead of hanging a single piece of art, consider grouping multiple pieces together based on a common theme, colour or style. This can create a dynamic and visually interesting display that delivers more impact than a single piece
- Mix it up: Don't be afraid to mix and match different types of art. Combining different mediums such as paintings, photographs, and prints can create a personal feel to your display, and perhaps better showcase who you are as a person (after all, we all like more than one thing; it's a beautiful thing to show that). Do take care to think about whether the pieces work nicely together to create a cohesive display, and if they fit within your room decor
- Consider placement: The placement of your art can really impact the overall feel of the room. Think about it - hanging art above a fireplace or mantle can create a focal point in the room, while hanging it on a small wall can create a cozy and intimate space. So consider what your intention is for your art; what kind of space are you looking to create or elevate?
- Mix art with other decor: Art doesn't have to be the only form of decor on your walls. Consider mixing it up with other items such as mirrors, clocks, or even plants to create a more dynamic and interesting layered look
- Personalise it: Finally, don't forget to personalise your art display. Add photos of loved ones or other sentimental items to make your home feel more like you. A home is a reflection of the people who live in it, so make sure your art reflects your personality and style
- Incorporate elements of mindfulness: Start by setting an intention for your display, such as bringing relaxation or creating a sense of calm. Take your time when choosing and placing the art, and pay attention to how each piece makes you feel. By approaching the process with mindfulness, you can create a truly personalised and relaxing space that supports your wellbeing and other needs
I hope you enjoyed these few tips, and that you learned something for the next time you're deciding on how to display your art. Remember to take your time, and enjoy it!